View Single Post
Old 01-16-2017, 08:29 AM   #76
tmntman
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester View Post
Wait....why Donnie as Ultimate Warrior...then again why is he the Undertaker.

Maybe because he is the slightly taller Turtle? More likely they just did them at random though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powder View Post
God. I wouldn't care nearly as much about Playmates cockblocking other companies if they weren't expecting us to buy this stuff over say 1/12 scale NECA Henson turtles... Ugh.

And yet we live in a world where we get both. You just can't buy them both at Toys R Us.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autbot_Benz View Post
why another wave of turtles why not do the side characters.

Based on the Assortment numbers, Playmates considers this a continuation of the Classics line. And that line has been retailer exclusives for quite a while, including the first series of WWE Turtles. So I'm going guess this series will be as well. If that is the case, the retailer that is buying the series would likely have far more input than normal. And just like almost every license ever, the retailers want to see the main character(s) on the shelf. (And that doesn't just mean for TMNT, take a look at how many stupid Batman and Wolverine variations have been produced by other companies.) The same principle applies here. They could have expanded the series to add another character in. But I doubt they could have sold the line without the four Turtles. (Well, I guess they could have skipped Donnie and replaced him with a side character. They seem to overlook him a lot.)

Check out my site at http://www.tmnttoys.com/
or follow me on Twitter, @TMNTtoys
tmntman is offline   Reply With Quote