View Single Post
Old 07-12-2017, 11:50 AM   #49
neatoman
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2K3 View Post
It's been a while since anyone's written ideas down for future IDW characters/ stories. So after re-reading old stories and looking at upcoming stories, and with the 75th issue coming soon, I've come up with the following:

Story Ideas
  • A proper City at War story-line. Not to say "Cityfall" wasn't close, but it was more of a "Shredder Strikes Back/ Silent Partner" re imaging! I want to see not just the Foot Clan battling over territory, but the Purple Dragons, the Street Phantoms etc. And bring back characters like Mob Boss Antonio, the Skara Brae group and the corrupt cops (been a while since we've seen them).
  • A division in Hob's Mutanimal gang. Considering what's been happening with Hob lately, I feel like the cracks in the Mighty Mutanimal gang are starting to show. Slash was one, but now I want to see who's really loyal to the one-eyed cat and who really can't agree with his way of thinking.
  • More Madame Null!!! Don't get me wrong, I like the teasing of her character (similar to the Archie counterpart), but I hoping for a really interesting story arc with her in.
  • Adaptations of "Shades of Grey" (Casey's biggest Mirage character arc deserves to be re-explored in IDW), "The Future Shark Trilogy"/"Same as it Never Was" (want to see a really dark future storyline) "Terracide" (scaled back a bit, don't want all the Mutanimals to die) and (hopefully not for a good long while) the Death of Splinter story.

Future Characters
  • VERNON FENWICK: Investigative Journalist of "The New York Post"; he writes about the weird and unexplained goings-on in the Big Apple (such as mysterious creature sightings, and talk of mysterious gangs that vanish in the blink of an eye). He soon begins to see a pattern in these events, which soon lead him into a meeting with April, Casey, Angel and 4 mysterious green creatures...
  • GENERAL BLANQUE: Supreme commander of the Neutrino military and Commander Dask's superior officer. Though loyal to the Royal family, Blanque has a very "Might makes right" attitude, believing the end always justify the means.
  • SCUMBUG: A former janitor at Null Group. However, when he stumbled on something he shouldn't have seen, Madame Null decided to make an example out of him. Mutated into the one thing he hates (a cockroach), Scumbug must do dirty deals for Madame Null, being promised to be given a "cure" when he's "paid his debt".
  • WINGNUT: A mutant "Lesser short-nosed fruit bat" created at Null Group. Constantly tired and bored, he'll take any job from Madame Null as long as it's fun. When he's not running errands, he's munching on mangoes and sleeping (well he is a bat).
  • THE PUNK FROGS: With the introduction of Pantheon member Toad Baron, it’d be interesting if he had these boys as his muscle.
  • And finally TRICERATON members Prime Member Zanramon, Commander Mozar and Traximus… NUFF SAID!!!
Seems mostly fine but the pitches for Scumbug and Wingnut would grind against continuity, even if it was a part of time travel and universe splitting. We don't really want a scenario where multiple unrelated versions of the same characters exist, do we?

As for Vernon, it's not a bad idea. But as petty as this is to say, I'd rather want Charles Pennington, Kurtzman or Tyler's mom than Vernon. I realise you're essentially suggesting Vernon in name only, he doesn't seem to have anything in common with either the FW or PD versions aside from the journalist angle, but I don't want to see this particular character return in any form.
Hahahaha!
neatoman is offline   Reply With Quote