View Single Post
Old 10-19-2017, 07:47 PM   #72
CyberCubed
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilSpooky View Post
What? The first 5? Again, opinions, for me FW is just way too stupid, a shame really because it's the Turtles I grew up with, and to this day they're still my favorite ones design wise, I just despise all the nonsense, monster of the week structure and all the Saturday morning villains getting blown into the sunset at every episode, I like a ongoing narrative, not random episodes that constantly contradict each other.
It's more like, "scheme of the week" rather than monster of the week. Either way that's the way most 80's cartoons were written. They're just fun adventures for the Turtles to go on every week or stop sci-fi plans from taking over the world. And the parody of old 50's movie plots and the villains being campy is part of the fun. Also outside some weak episodes, I never thought the plots were any weirder or dumber than any other TMNT universes. All the TMNT cartoons basically re-tread the same storylines in just different ways over and over with slight variations.

We've had two continuity heavy TMNT cartoons in a row. I wouldn't mind if this new one is a bit episodic, although I expect there to be a narrative as well.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote