View Single Post
Old 01-16-2016, 09:01 AM   #124
Powder
So tired of this place

Great thread so far, thanks for taking this on, Bobby!

1. Was Woody's namesake meant to be an homage to the Mikester's original Playmates toy packaging bio-card? I only just recently made the connection between his "origin" there & the pizza delivery boy he kicks it with in your series. If so, that's quite the clever reference. Took me this long to figure it out.

Spoiler:

(In case you're unable to view the image, Michelangelo's birthplace is said to be "Woody's Pet Shop".)

2. Do you have a preference between the two dominant TMNT aesthetics, one being more lean & basic (a'la their look in the beginning of the IDW series) & the other chunky & accessorized (the Nick inspired design that we often see now)? I know you let the artists do their own thing, & that it's fun to have variety, but which suits your tastes on a personal level?

3. If it had been solely your call, without crowd pleasing or sales in mind, would you have kept the red bandanas, or eventually gone/started out with their 4 "iconic" colors? & what of the Playmates/4kids inspired skin tones? Same question.

4. Is there a conscious effort made on part of your creative team not to do anything that may potentially be deemed controversial or too adult, whether it be not to upset the suits or feeling some sort of responsibility for stray kids getting a hold of the book? The recent beheading of Shredder, Casey being gutted by him, etc, there are things to suggest this is not a concern of yours, however the no-kill rule & certain other moral issues that play a part do paint that picture. Similarly, does the spiritual content ever cause complications for you guys? A handful of Archie issues aren't being reprinted due to sensitive material based around religious ideology, & even in that book's era, its writer was sent many an angry letter from parents who didn't like the mere inclusion of "zen" themes & meditation, let alone reincarnation or the introduction of "Gods" & other things of that nature.

5. Beyond the board/video games & specialty packages like IDW limited, will we ever have any IDW TMNT inspired merchandise? Collector figures, busts/statues, etc.? Has it been discussed at all? Funko is releasing a new series of 6" articulated figures based on licenses that as far as I can remember are all being published by y'all at present, the turtles included, leading some to believe that they may in fact be toys from your series. *fingers crossed* Any word on that?

I'd rather not attach my name, (Powder's fine, right?) but this is OK TO PRINT should you wish to use any of it for whatever reason, & I presently live in Lexington, SC, though I am originally a proud New Yorker.

I'm convinced that none of you have ever experienced joy

Last edited by Powder; 01-16-2016 at 09:27 AM.
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote