View Single Post
Old 01-25-2018, 12:42 PM   #46
inaheap
Mad Scientist

I think the problem with malls is that many have allowed the fun factor to erode away. When I was a kid I loved going my malls KB Toys. I think they had a Toys R Us at one time too. It also had a sporting goods store, pet store, and it's Sears store had everything. There was also EB Games and Gamestop. Basically there was a lot of fun stuff to look at, even if you only needed a spoon. But KB closed. Toys Ru Us has its own store. Sears closed. There are still sporting goods, pet, and game stores around but they are no longer part of the mall either. Most of what is left are clothing and home goods stores. Add in the depressing site of two empty anchor spots, and the fun factor is gone. No fun factor. I might as well get that spoon at BigBox place. It will likely be cheaper and faster. I think people came to have a good time as much as to shop.

As far as Toys R Us goes. I hope they don't. I'd rather buy from them .Mine is priced in line with everyone else. My issue is they are often way behind in getting TMNT stuff. At least the playmates stuff. I wonder if they shouldn't shift more focus on adult collector toys. After all these are the same people and toylines that supported them in their Hey Day. And a lot of us have much bigger allowances than we used to.

We do not stop playing because we grow old. We grow old because we stop playing

When I became an adult I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.
inaheap is offline   Reply With Quote