View Single Post
Old 10-10-2015, 11:56 PM   #80
Darth Knuckles
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Commenter 42 View Post
Playmates ordered the first 5 episodes to sell the toys. You have it backwayds. the toys came first, then the cartoon. Playmates contracted MWS.

So, yeah, wrong.
I understand all of the behind the scenes stuff and I get it. I never said otherwise and I'm not arguing any of that. The only thing I pointed out different about that was that, we as fans, couldn't get our hands on the Playmates toys until after the initial five episodes of the cartoon had already aired.

Reading my post back, I could see where that could be confusing. I didn't make that clear. I am not arguing what you said above about Playmates contracting MWS at all because that's what happened. I guess I just shouldn't have put that info in that post at that time. Etsyturtle2 was right about the process of how it happened. I was just jumping the gun to say that the Fred Wolf cartoon didn't adhere to how the Playmates toys looked. Where I feel that most Transformers characters did look like their toys. So I'm sorry for that confusion.

But my only original point is that the Playmates toys of the turtles, and other characters, and the way the turtles, and other characters, were drawn in the original cartoon are not the exact same.

That's all I meant when referencing the Transformers toys. Their situation was to make the cartoon show look extremely close to the way the toys looked. I think if you compare a lot of the Transformers toys to their counterparts on the show they look very similar in most cases.

I'm saying that while Playmates did already have the turtles toys in mind, the Fred Wolf cartoon didn't make the turtles have pupil-less eyes, black carapaces, different colored skin for each turtle, black and character unique belts, or the "extra rim" around the plastron like the Playmates toys did for the 1988 turtles. The cartoon turtles have their own unique look and I wish that was the style of these S.H. Figuarts TMNT figures.

Last edited by Darth Knuckles; 10-11-2015 at 12:02 AM.
Darth Knuckles is offline   Reply With Quote