View Single Post
Old 04-17-2017, 02:24 PM   #31
PApagreg
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
Bishop has been handled just fine in the Nick cartoon. I enjoyed all his appearances so far, and looking forward to his Season 5 episode.
Well different strokes I guess because to me Bishop hasn't really been handled in a fine way. The dude was a major player in the 2k3 series and is probably going to be a major one in the IDW series but here he feels like an afterthought, hell even in the episodes he appears in, he feels more like a secondary character. Compare this to the 2k3 version where not only he appears in more episodes but he also gets his own pov, he actually feels like a big part of the TMNT world.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
Shredder and whoever his henchmen are are always the ones who get the most screentime each series. In 4kids Hun was Shredder's second in command, so he got the most screentime alongside Karai and Baxter. In Nick, Tiger Claw, Rahzar, Fishface, Bebop/Rocksteady and Baxter get the most appearances, since they work for him. All the other characters were always just one off or short lived characters in every series.[
Slash has more appearances in the Nick cartoon than the original show or Archie, and Leatherhead has probably appeared the same amount of episodes as the 4kids version. Rat King also got 3 episodes in Nick, whereas in 4kids he only got 1 measly episode.

Double standards.
Not really a double standard because the Nick series does it worse, again you have numerous of characters who were major players in other series downgraded into secondary characters.