View Single Post
Old 05-26-2019, 04:02 PM   #105
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

Detective Comics#526,"All My Enemies Against Me" from June 1983 is a huge turning point for Batman and the end of an era. It closes out the six part arc weaving between Batman and Detective Comics that introduces both Killer Croc and Jason Todd. Its the last time that Dick Grayson appears as Robin in regular continuity in a Batman title and the same goes for Barbara Gordon,well at least until the New 52 more than 28 years later. Dick Grayson and Barbara Gordon team up while Catwoman and Talia both assist Batman after being invited to a villain gathering which Joker sets up in an attempt at a triple cross to get over Killer Croc who seized the underworld from his boss The Squid that he had been using. Classic villain like the Tweeds, The Spook, and Cavalier appear as well as Gentleman Ghost getting an invite. An oddity is how Dick offers to adopt Jason despite only being 19. Beautiful art, beautiful cover. I believe it inspired many holofoils of the 1990s'. It is the anniversary issue to beat all anniversary issues. It is also the end of an era, its the classic Batman transitioning into modern era Batman as the next issue being Doug Moench's first run and would serve as a bridge to modern Batman and COIE hitting soon. Its the end of a comic era and run that I love.