View Single Post
Old 06-02-2019, 08:33 PM   #128
Redeemer
Technodrome Technician

Quote:
Originally Posted by ABrown View Post
Here's the thing, as far as I'm concerned, it's not up to the creators of the 2007 film to decide whether the movie is a continuation of the first three movies, any more than is it up to the creators of the first Nickelodeon cartoon to decide whether or not Krang (from the original TMNT cartoon) exists in their universe. If I go and make a film and claim that it's a sequel to the 2007 film, does that make it so? No. Only the creators of the original product can claim it to be a sequel of what they created.
So if J.J. Abrams says that Last Jedi is not a sequel to The force awakens then that means it not a sequel?????

I just don't agree. If the director says that this movie was a sequel to the original live action trilogy then I think it is. Unless Laird were to say other wise, bc (I think he had a hand to some degree in both films.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsMarvelDuckie View Post
And yet, for a movie "supposedly" in the same continuity, it has NOTHING to connect it. Which means the director was just blowing smoke out his @$$ to connect it to something that it ITERALLY had nothing to do with in-universe. Easter eggs in a single scene do not a continuity make. If they wanted it to be in continuity, they should have WRITTEN it that way. They didn't.
I mean if the director say it's a sequel then it is...... I think the movie has several nods to the old movies. I am actually surprised this thread is still going curse op for making such a controversial thread

I do believe that this movie is at least a sequel in spirit. (I don't know what I mean by that) I think that an argument can be made for either or.
Redeemer is offline   Reply With Quote