View Single Post
Old 12-21-2017, 12:19 AM   #172
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
If he's speaking of a 60+ year old Lando, I don't see why he would. This is not the same character from 30 years ago. Lando is the one who helped destroy the second Death Star for goodness sakes and worked with the rebellion. Why would he still be a shady character 30+ years later?
Probably the same creatively bankrupt reasons 80 year-old Han would be a smuggler again 30 years after becoming a general and helping blow up 2 Death Stars. Glad that was thrown out but it's too bad that nothing else suitable for Lando was available.

But really. If nothing else stood out, why not just make him (er, continue to make him) a fellow general with Leia? Minimal lines, minimal screentime... but he's there, at least. If nothing else, he'd provide a single character other than Leia and Chewie to react to Han's death with something substantive, coming from real time we know a character has spent with Han. I mean, hell, the Falcon is (was?) his ship.

I'm not saying let's cram everyone from the OT we can into the sequel trilogy just because... because that's equally as dumb as reverting everything to an OT level. What I'm saying is... we have Billy Dee Williams. He's here. He's alive. He's getting older. He's a fan favorite who would probably love to reprise Lando one more time and millions of people would love to see it. 5 years from now, you probably can't do it. Now, you could have done it. Why not find something for him?

Last edited by Andrew NDB; 12-21-2017 at 09:50 AM.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote