View Single Post
Old 01-15-2022, 10:39 AM   #362
neatoman
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
The showrunners said the show was supposed to last at least 3 years. They were hoping for 5 like the 2012 show got though.
So the intention was 52 to 78 episodes then if it wasn't cut short? And 91-130 if they got five years?

... Not sure how I'd feel about that. At least the show as it is didn't overstay it's welcome like the 2012 show... But it could have used those additional episode better, though I'm not sure...

Quote:
Originally Posted by AquaParade View Post
I don't really have an issue with Rise... itself, but when you aren't offering anything to older fans, aside from a comic, and this is the main course for the franchise, it becomes much easier to criticize for straying from the normal concept.
Sure but that essentially amounts to "Not muh turtles!". It is unfortunate that this was more or less intended to be the face of the franchise for two years, rather than an experimental side-project like it probably should have been, but I don't think it's fair to criticise the differences from previous iterations simply because there aren't many current alternatives.
Hahahaha!

Last edited by neatoman; 01-15-2022 at 10:46 AM.
neatoman is offline   Reply With Quote