View Single Post
Old 07-25-2009, 03:19 PM   #3
Ninja Tiptup
Mad Scientist

Well... most of the characters as I recall were at least in the toyline though I didn't keep up with the Archie comics.

Did I find it odd that Bebop and Rocksteady were not playable? Actually... not really. I don't think I cared at the time. When I was a kid I didn't really care for Bebop and Rocksteady and thought there were way cooler characters out there. They were in the BG of the SNES game I recall that much (at least one of them was).

Turtles Tournament Fighters was different on all the platforms and some of the characters were pretty bizzare inclusions but I guess I figured it was TMNT and bizzare stuff always went hand and hand with TMNT.

I thought War was a cheap son of a gun, Armageddon was pretty cool for a shark kind of reminded me of Street Sharks, the spider er... bug thing was meh, Asuka was fun to play as what with attacking with her butt and all, Wingnut was interesting to play as and I think I gained a greater appreciation for the character by his inclusion same goes for Chrome Dome, playing as April was a novelty, it was nice to play as Ray Fillet though I wasn't very good with him and generally stuck with the turtles on the Genesis game and I didn't play with Hot Head too often on the NES but he seemed alright. They really beefed up Rat King and I don't recall what I thought of Karai...

They all played rather uniquely with the exception of the turtles non-weapon moves so that made it fun to play as just about everyone.

I think the only thing that really seemed odd about the 3 versions to me was why were they so distinctly different? I guess that's not a bad thing because you get 3 different fighting games instead of 1 but I would have liked to play as Casey in the SNES game at least. They could have picked better characters for all the versions I suppose but since all 3 played relatively well (especially the SNES game) I didn't really care.

And likewise despite finding the inclusion of Rabbids to be rediculous I think Smash-Up is looking great. Certainly better than Mutant Melee with it's massive amount of cloned characters and an overall disastisfying roster.