Thread: Black April
View Single Post
Old 07-10-2014, 11:05 PM   #58
pennydreadful
trash

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prowler View Post
I'd rather she remained a redhead since that's what she's been in most incarnations. I'd find it weird for her to have any other hair color.
Well she could just as easily be a black woman who dyes her hair red; hey, it worked for Rihanna!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BabyTurtles View Post
all this talk about a black April makes me wanna draw one for fun ^_^
Would love to see your art if you do, BabyTurtles!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYShell View Post
although we've seen race changes at times and the turtle franchise I still feel more comfortable with April staying as a white woman mostly because she's a character that the majority of people care about as opposed to other characters that have less impact
That... came out a little awkward-sounding.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xav View Post
I can't see what valid reason there is to make her non-white.
Why would it matter if she wasn't white though? What's wrong with an April of color? I don't mean that to sound confrontational so please don't think I'm attacking you, I'm just saying - there'll still be all the other versions where April's white. I'm more likely to pick something up if it has non-white or non-het characters - there might be plenty of girls and women out there who would love the idea of a black April.

Creator of the Technodrome After Dark Discussion Group. PM for an invite (must be over 18 - no exceptions).
pennydreadful is offline   Reply With Quote