View Single Post
Old 06-21-2018, 07:24 AM   #96
SwiftNinjaFox
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy View Post
Platinum Dunes is a cinematic travesty on par with Justice League and Fant4stic.

They didn't just fail; they didn't just make bad CBMs... they went beyond failing and TRIUMPHED at making the most epic shitastic fvckfest that ever assaulted a disappointed fan's eyes.
Justice League and both PD TMNT films are Oscar worthy compared to that other travesty you mentioned.

I'd watch two more Bay Turtle sequels over another Fant4stic being made. Thankfully that's not an issue as the First Family will be done right for their next film.

Quote:
The only worse adaptations I can think of are made by Uwe Boll, and THAT guy's been running a cinematic tax scam for a couple of decades now.
Funny enough, once I read about Uwe Boll and how he wound up doing all those game adaptations, I actually have respect for the guy. He's not a good film maker, but he does love movies and loves making movies. The absolute bargain bin price of getting video game movie rights at the time combined with that being all he could get financing for is the only reason he kept doing those.

I recently went on a bad video game movie binge and his Far Cry adaptation is actually fun B movie cheese. The actors aren't phoning it in, but not taking it too seriously and as a director, Boll seems okay with it being cheesy.

Postal was okay in the same vein. It just accepted ridiculousness and over the top stupidity and ran with it.

I need to see if RiffTrax has done the full Boll Collection.