View Single Post
Old 04-13-2017, 12:24 PM   #25
ProphetofGanja
Dub Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
What annoys me to no end, what's one of my biggest annoyances in the TMNT fandom is how so many people buy into and subscribe to the McTMNT™ pigeonholing of the TMNT that began with FW. i.e., if anyone has anything remotely leader-y to say, it has to be Leonardo, because he's the Leadery One. If someone needs to be the one to get mad in a conversation, it has to be Raph, because he's the Angry One. If someone needs to remark on something techy or brainy, surely it has to be Donatello, because he's the Geeky One. Something funny or a joke? Gotta be Michelangelo, because he's the Funny One. Now if Leonardo were to get mad, or Donatello to make a leadership suggestion? WHOAAA!!! That's so out of character, dude!

Vastly stupid. It's like the fandom is fully content with their Turtles being 1 dimensional.
I agree with all that. I like to see the Turtles' individual personalities highlighted, but not reduced to one-dimension.

I like when Leo says something funny, it's great. I appreciate though that in IDW, when he or his brothers are "on-duty", he's all business, very serious, but in their rare downtime, he can kick back finally and be an actual teenager.

I've liked seeing Donnie get mad almost as much as Raph, or when Mikey is the one to call out all his brothers for bickering and getting distracted, when he's often portrayed as the eternally goofy, off-task Turtle. And anytime I get to see Raph crack a joke without also being mad is welcome.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Utrommaniac View Post
Thank you IDW, for having Donatello completely lose his sh*t over no one treating the Technodrome like the threat it was and focusing on the "turf war".

And Michelangelo's conflicts of morality.
Those were pretty great moments. That's how you do characterization
ProphetofGanja is offline   Reply With Quote