Thread: Heroes Con
View Single Post
Old 06-12-2016, 05:21 PM   #6
T-U-R-T-L-E POWA!
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeandRaph87 View Post
I think Pop Culture Convention would suit San Deigo's event best.

I am going Friday morning. Are you going for just a day trip or the whole three day event? Anyone you are hoping to meet or item you are looking for?
I'm only going for one day. I will be there for the Saturday. It takes me and my buddy about 4 and half hours to get there and then we just drive back when it's over. We always go eat pizza at that Fuel place too. I love their pizza. I think Cullen Bunn is the one that I'm looking the most forward to seeing because I can't think of anyone else that's really new for this year. One of my favorite things about it is meeting the indie artists who draw cool sketches from all my favorite shows from when I was a kid. I've got some cool TMNT, Ducktales, and Real Ghostbusters art that I have bought from there over the years. The year Stan Lee came I didn't even bother with trying to see him because his line was a mad house and they had him in his own personal room. Then Kevin Eastman came and I didn't get to see him because he only came on Saturday and I had to go on Friday that year. I was super bummed. Did you get to meet him that year? I'm sure his line would have been insane too though really. As far as what I'm looking for, I will be looking for carded vintage figures and playsets. I know for a fact I'm at LEAST getting a complete Technodrome and Napoleon Bonafrog that's unpunched. I will probably be getting a whole lot more than that though. I will also be looking for the old Hasbro WWF toys and I even buy those loose but would prefer carded.