Thread: Sports Talk
View Single Post
Old 01-16-2007, 01:11 PM   #50
Krang's Uncle
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMNTerminator View Post
So Marino is not one of the greatest QBs ever? IMO thats insane becuase one player does not win championships. It takes a team. So I guess by that logic Bill Cartwright is one of the greatest basketball players of all time becuase he was on the Bulls team that won 3 consecutive championships in 91, 92, and 93? Or Will purdue who won 3 with the Bulls as well and then another won with the Spurs. I mean, thats 4 Championship rings; he must be one of the greatest ever. There are tons more of these types of examples.

Championships are teriffic, don't get me wrong. Their what every player strives for and every fan hopes for. That said, they are not the end all be all.
True, and those are good examples, but when guys like Cartwright and Purdue's careers are looked at, every one will note that they played with some great players, guys that had the numbers and rings.

Marino is one of the greats, but he will always be remembered for not winning a ring, whether its right or wrong.

Im going with the Pats in the AFC championship game, i really want them to lose, but my mind tells me theyll be Mannings undoing once again.
Krang's Uncle is offline   Reply With Quote