View Single Post
Old 09-01-2017, 06:52 PM   #10
mrmaczaps
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powder View Post
I'd want it to have just about everything. Not just super popular stuff from turtlemania childhoods, but the obscure, weird, international, holy, etc.

When the 25th anniversary tour was going on, they had a real life turtle van that was a mini museum on wheels. That was neat, but nothing to write home about.

Myself, I hope to one day create a virtual museum in the form of a website. I've been hunting/saving pics of just about everything turtle related imaginable. Hundreds of GB's of stuff. Rare set photos from the films, developmental material from all the cartoons, little-seen commission pieces by the comic artists, prototype toys, licensing art, you name it. I've got oodles of bootleg/Japanese/unproduced things, too. Only Tokka's image collection could rival it (& there's no denying I got some of my material from his), but there's a LOT in mine you won't find in his. Just gotta figure out the best format for putting it online. Somewhat tempted to make a book of some sort, but to say the legalities of it would be muddy is a grand understatement...

If nothing else I might do image dump threads here at some point. It's my least desirable route, but it's something.
Could set up a Facebook page for yours. Set stuff to post every few hours.... then I can mine it for some sweet content for TPE.

He does have a ton of rare stuff, but not a lot of bootleg stuff... I have offered to sell him some items, some of the signed big stuff that I've got... lol.

Anywho. Thanks for the feedback. I like the idea of a travelling museum just making that work State to State would be difficult at best... Have to probably do a big rig, then you need someone to drive and a planned route to where to go as well as guarenteed attendence at each stop... Although I wouldn't mind that cuz i've always said hitting every comic shop in the country would be cool... Take video and whatever.
mrmaczaps is offline   Reply With Quote