View Single Post
Old 03-14-2018, 05:57 PM   #66
sgtfbomb
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autbot_Benz View Post
Id want Shout Factory to do the Special Edition they have done some great ones of Bill and Ted and Army of Darkness. They get my seal of approval. Add in some special features and other things.
That's who I'd want to do it too. Although, as far as I know, they don't have much of a history with Warner Bros. When they announced their special edition of The Lawnmower Man, a film distributed by New Line Cinemas, many people, including myself, inquired about the possibility of WB/NLC releases. Shout said they licensed the film from another company. Bummer.

WB may not be motivated to license their catalog titles since they have Warner Archives now. WAC has been expanding their catalogue, including Blu Ray releases of Batman: Mask of the Phantasm, Batman & Mr. Freeze: Sub-Zero, Leatherface: Texas Chainsaw Massacre III, and recently the TV cut of Superman: The Movie. As far as I'm aware, they don't produce new features for these releases, so if they did TMNT, it would probably still be bare bones.

Granted, Shout can be a little hit and miss on special features, as well.
sgtfbomb is offline   Reply With Quote