View Single Post
Old 07-03-2017, 04:01 PM   #1
Prowler
Emperor

What's your opinion on the "Millennial generation"?

So... Millennials. Or Gen Y. Apparently it's people born between 1981 and 1994-1995. Basically, I, a guy born in 1990, is a part of that generation.

Well, like every other generation out there, it has good and bad things. And the people who are in their 20s nowadays will most likely have different opinions when they get in their 50s. Kind of like baby boomers became quite conservative in the 80s when they were organising student protests and the whole "make love not war" thing in the 60s.

What don't I like about this generation? Well, its obsession with social networks. Especially the duckface photos and such. Nothing wrong with using facebook or instagram, but lots of people clearly don't use it so smartly. Although it's not just young people who act stupid on it.

Another big gripe of mine is the excessive political correctness by so many people of my age bracket. They see prejudice where it doesn't exist. Also, why does this generation have so many militant vegans? Holy hell.

Then there's things like manbuns, twerking, "bae", "thug life", etc. that's just stupid or annoying.

Things I like about this generation? Its appreciation of nostalgia and older things. The internet is a great resource to discover old video games, tv shows, anime, etc. that might as well be new for us. That's my favourite thing, I think. Another one is that people around my age usually don't care much for religion. And if they do, they're usually not in your face crazy about it.

What about you?
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote