View Single Post
Old 02-05-2020, 03:27 PM   #10
Streetwize
New Recruit

I wanted to follow up with a reply on this 10 months ago, but I finally got activated (I find it awfully counterproductive to want to reply to something only to wait nearly a year and the thread dies. What if people forget they even registered? Anyway...)
I'm also a part of the hack team. Mainly in charge of QA and will play a big role in character balance since I labbed the game so much. I'm going to answer a few things Kosheh overlooked that I can better answer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by miru View Post
Considering that Mona Lisa will have the NES Turtles moveset, what will happen with the Genesis movesets, and Casey's (and Shredder's, if you count C. Shredder as him) NES movesets? Are the characters from Mutant Melee and Smash-Up given any higher priority than other newcomers?
The NES game had no weapons so most sprites were reused. Not many sprites were unique between each turtle, while pretty much the opposite is true in the Genesis version. I know you were just asking a question, but doing the Mona Lisa treatment for the Genesis Turtles would be like making Dante from Marvel vs Capcom. Way too many moves for us to work with in one character.
As for what we're going to do with the Genesis turtles, I understand your concern. I have a weird nostalgia for the Genesis version. We're going to replace a couple attacks from their normal moveset with moves from that game to help each turtle stand out more from the others, and possibly add one new move as a command normal. We may have more plans in the future, but right now this is what we're going to do.

I'm not sure if you ever saw the announcement flyer from AnimEVO 2018, but NES Shredder is going to a new character. Without spoiling too much... "Super" Shredder exists independently from the Shredder already present, and is based on the 16-bit beat-em-up Shredder. He will have few similarities to Cyber Shredder.

And as already stated, we're focusing on Mirage-MW era. I love 4Kids Turtles being the series I grew up with, but no cross-generational content. Smash-Up and Mutant Melee are not traditional fighters in the first place.

P.S. I looked into Other Strangeness. I don't think we're touching anything from there. The line is really blurry since they kept it going after the license expired and became non-TMNT.
Streetwize is offline   Reply With Quote