View Single Post
Old 04-09-2017, 05:38 PM   #34
oldmanwinters
Overlord

Observations:

Zombie Super Shredder has worms? Nice callback to Mirage, perhaps?

Loved Xever's little exposition flashback. I like that fish.

Tigerclaw very perceptive about Zombie Super Shredder being more of a puppet than a true resurrection. Makes me wonder if the same was true of Rahzar since he sided with Hot Head in the final battle.

Rocksteady blew another 80s reference: "Let's make like tree and..."

I really like the popcorn popper feature of Donatello's ghostbusting proton packs. Seems like they at least owed an explanation how he learned to make supernatural weapons besides just getting a random reading of Kavaxas.

I don't quite understand why the Turtles view Casey as largely incompetent yet keep bringing him along for missions. Mikey at least threw him some love. Also, who would have thought "So Metal!" Casey would be crybaby about "dead things?"

Seems like there might have been a rush edit between when Karai jumps on Super Shredder and the next shot where he's falling down the pit.

Mikey pieces the amulet's three pieces together using his toes.

That "Kitty Jones" billboard has seen a lot of action during this series, but it's still standing!

Shredder seemed to have a brief moment of redemption when he jumps on Kavaxas and declares "We don't belong here!" before shoving them both back to the netherworld. Nice to see him regain a shred of dignity after becoming a Hot Head's zombie puppet.

Disappointed that there's no actual epilogue between Tigerclaw and Turtles, just summarized off-camera, especially if we never see him again.

Ghost Splinter becomes temporarily tangible? Wha???

I didn't think the sunset was THAT amazing, but it makes sense in context and mirrors the conclusion to season 4.

Experience the TMNT Fan Commentaries!
Check out my TMNT fan comic, "Nothing to Fear"!
View my sketch work!
I'm selling some of my hard-to-find TMNT items!

Last edited by oldmanwinters; 04-09-2017 at 06:51 PM.
oldmanwinters is online now   Reply With Quote