View Single Post
Old 06-19-2017, 03:09 PM   #91
ToTheNines
[sic]

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProphetofGanja View Post
https://media.giphy.com/media/uhArJ25L9Ycfu/giphy.gif
lmao

Yeah, the MCU/non-MCU/Sony Venom that they're creating is likely going to have a backstory that deviates a lot from the comics. I wonder what motivation they'll give to Brock to hate Peter, or if they're even going to go that route at all. Plus it's already going to be weird because I can't see Peter getting the symbiote before Brock, so the symbiote and Brock just have to be given some random reason to hate Peter?
Excellent gif lol.

Agreed, mostly. But even though it might cramp the narrative, they could have Peter join with the symbiote in the first act of Infinity War and maybe have him ditch it in a post-credit scene? That would be Marvel doing Sony a gi-fuc*ing-normous favor, with their silly Venom movie coming out 5 months later, but I don't see any other way around it if they're planning on making any kind of larger connection.

But you kinda still need to have Peter be present in your Venom origin story. Who knows?

Quote:
Or not, and Sony is just doing random things for random reasons and their version of Venom will have very little in common with its comic counterpart
Probably.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSkeletonMan939 View Post
No, I mean the whole thing about Eddie Brock publishing a fake story about Sin-Eater's identity, and then Spidey revealing the real identity, and Brock getting pissed over that.
The Sin-Eater story is a good one and I wish someone had the balls to adapt it for the big screen.
What a fitting time to make a movie about FAKE NEWS and the failing, totally biased Daily Bugle. Major loser @jjjameson is a lightweight editor!
ToTheNines is offline   Reply With Quote