View Single Post
Old 01-11-2017, 12:34 PM   #24
RaphaelinSTL
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
Maybe. They'll obviously try something, but I don't think playing on hipster nostalgia is going to be what they try, particularly after OotS failed and the slow realization dawning on them of the math equation that Bebop + Cowabunga + Technodrome doesn't necessarily = $$$. Let alone crappy Final Fight NES clones from 20 years ago. Maybe some 30 year old in a plaid shirt and a man bun heading up a startup video game company will throw them onto some cheap gaming network, leave them on there, and then be forced to take them down in 6 months when the games fail to even make back the money it probably took to get the 6 month license with Nick/Konami to begin with.
Ha! Don't sugar coat it, how do you really feel!?

But yeah, you're right...they'll eventually find a way to try something out but it's also more of a pipe dream of mine that they would release the old games in such a fashion. Like CyberCubed mentioned, I'm in the notion that there is still a huge appetite for old school video games re-released and especially for a franchise that hit it out of the park back in the day like TMNT did for Konami.

I think the main problem is you have people behind the scenes that think just slapping a license on something (LJN games ) will ultimately make it good...that way of thinking doesn't work on video games any more especially with indie games finding a way to out do so much.