View Single Post
Old 03-24-2018, 01:33 AM   #68
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by dl316bh View Post
Haven't watched this yet - I'll get to it eventually - but I heard something about Reyes being involved somehow, which surprises me.
Why would it be surprising? She was Smoking Man's #1 even in the last season two years ago as well.

Quote:
They ever bother mentioning Doggett, too? Or does Robert Patrick not exist in this dojo anymore?
Unless I missed one, I don't think he even got a mention or nod this season OR last.

Quote:
"Rushed" might even be a fair assessment of late season mythology episodes even in the original X-Files show. I remember it was somewhere around season seven where the mythology arc episodes really started disappearing up their own ass, maybe even earlier. I don't know if Carter just never knew where he was going with it all or if his skill as a writer/showrunner just deteriorated enough over the years that he could never really get what he wanted across well.
Somewhere within that, probably. Or his ideas were getting bigger while the budgets were getting smaller. I know he genuinely did want to do the big 2012 "day of alien invasion" movie, but no one would fund it.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote