View Single Post
Old 02-21-2017, 08:19 AM   #19
GoldMutant
Rest. In. Peace.

I certainly feel if Saban didn't force a "girl Turtle" in as well as toning down the amount of sound effects and maybe fix the costumes, then Next Mutation would be an underrated entry in the franchise.

Of course, it is extremely cheesy, but there's still a vast amount of good ideas in it. You got villains such as Silver, Vam Mi, and Simon Bonesteel who can certainly work, especially with the first two tying into gang wars and mysticism respectively. Also to an extent, I like Venus but I do agree with the general consensus that her addition wasn't entirely the best.

I see why it's considered one of the weakest iterations in TMNT, but it's still fun to poke fun at it in addition to wondering "what if" with the series. Only thing I'm wondering is due to Saban if we can actually see these characters again.
"It's only natural for living creatures to fight to protect their own lives. But what makes us human is that we fight for others. But who do you fight for? How hard must you fight...? That's the true measure of what human life is worth. Even when the battle's over, and the bonds that connect us are severed... We always return... Time and time again." -Phoenix Wright
GoldMutant is offline   Reply With Quote