View Single Post
Old 04-22-2018, 07:33 PM   #8
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZariusTwo View Post
It was kind of mutual mind games between the two, they joined forces to take down Peter (who had a bounty on his head at the time I think), Norman was a legit businessmanso and had another Green Goblin flying around doing his dirty work. Roderick had his hands on something that could have connected Norman to his Goblin activities, but Norman eventually got his hands on it and betrayed Roderick.

They had a brief struggle and Roderick got away, taking off to an island retreat and staying there for a long time until 2011 (though before that, he would come out of retirement in the Spider-Girl comics, where he was ultimately killed by Mayday's clone April). I think they had a proper battle much later on in Superior Spider-Man, but I don't count that in my headcanon
Oh, yeah I remember that. Roderick tricks Norman into getting him out of prison claiming one of Norman's journals survived the fire in ASM#250 only for Norman to take Roderick's fashion company form him and Roderick using his secondary account to retire to an island off the east coast outside of U.S. jurisdiction. That was just before Spectacular ended and ASM renumbered the first time. They were in plain clothes though not actually full costume fighting right? It was a corporate duel I think. I wanted to see them together in costume instead of a replacement like Jack O' Lantern and Harry.

I noticed that Jim Owsley is still around writing a Deathstroke title as Christopher Priest when I read up on this Deathtsroke vs Batman arc. He seems to be the reason for the whole Hobgoblin mess. Another thing I find funny, when I went back and read The Death of Jean Dewolffe and Return of The Sin Eater over the last week, Owsley fired Milgrom because the title had become "whimsical". He wanted an adult appeal. Doc Ock put Black Cat in the hospital for an extended period and the sexualization of Black Cat so its hard to see that. I feel like this guy just wanted to write the Spider-Man titles through a proxy.