View Single Post
Old 06-01-2018, 02:54 PM   #281
TurtleWA
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp View Post
at what point did all the news networks become Fox News of the left?
Not a simple answer. Most likely it happened slowly over many years. It’s weird to think back around the time Obama was elected president that Tucker Carlson was on MSNBC and Glen Beck was on HLN/CNN. IIRC. So maybe if I had to pick a year I’d say around 2008 folks in media really started picking teams. Or at least being more obvious about the team they support. IMO.

Quote:
Originally Posted by plastroncafe View Post
What's funny/sad about that is most, if not all, social issues ARE economic ones.
True. However when numbers come up eyes glaze over. And the economy is similar to all other issues in that not all “experts” agree with all ideas.

Quote:
Originally Posted by plastroncafe View Post
But it's a good question, about what I think of as the Average American. I guess, to me the AA is someone with a high school diploma, employed but likely underpaid, and is one catastrophic illness/injury from bankruptcy.
I would not be able to guess if the AA is a liberal or conservative. Or their grasp on any particular issue. I think their are uninformed/low information voters on both sides. Nothing anyone can do about it.