Thread: Love and TMNT?
View Single Post
Old 05-10-2017, 10:02 PM   #39
ProphetofGanja
Dub Professor

I think it's healthy for everybody to have their thing, be it music, movies, a TV/comics/video game fandom, sports, politics, art, fashion, pets, whatever, people need an outlet for expression. It's always possible to take it too far though, but the other end is those people who do nothing, are not interesting and give the impression that they'd taste like wet paper if they were a flavor

Quote:
Originally Posted by DestronMirage22 View Post
Can you really blame her though?
Sometimes no matter how much you hope and try things just don't work out the way you wanted.
You gave it your best, but maybe your best wasn't good enough.
Seems to me like accepting that some things'll never happen is better than to continue trying and continueing the pain.
While there's nothing wrong with being single and content I would also urge you not to write off the possibility of ever finding someone! I think the trick lies in part in not seeking out someone, but simply allowing yourself opportunities for chance encounters and whatnot, and that may mean coming out of your shell a bit (see what I did there?? ) If you find that you spend a lot of time at home, try to get out more, either the bookstore or library or community events, and just don't be afraid to talk to people and don't put any pressure on yourself.

A relationship with the wrong person can be hell but when you find someone that is right for you, it can be the best thing in the world. "Love is the sweetest thing" and all that jazz
ProphetofGanja is offline   Reply With Quote