View Single Post
Old 04-19-2017, 05:31 PM   #50
rich
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toitlefan View Post
Awesome idea Rich! I've pledged for a couple of copies already but I have some questions about the CGC option. I understand you are still looking into it and may not have answers so maybe just some things to think about...

1. Is there any guarantee on the grade? (9.2 vs 9.8 etc.) If not, will they be priced differently?

2. Will we know who the artist is before we make the decision on whether or not we want them graded?

3. Will you grade unsigned copies as well?
Good things to think about. I don't know how I'd guarantee a specific grade of book since that's pretty much out of my hands. But I can select the best copies possible for hand-coloring and signing. I'll likely have to issue a disclaimer to anyone wanting the CGC option...that by opting in to do it that you are agreeing to not guaranteed a specific grade. Or, maybe I can guarantee 9.4 or above...which seems do-able.

Specifically to the hand-colored though...I can tell you that I'd gladly offer to buy back any copy of the hand-colored if someone felt the copy they received was too low a grade. I have numerous people that missed out on that tier that would easily take that book in any grade possible. I won't be increasing the quantity of those above 50.

As for unsigned books getting graded, not sure at this point. I'll put that on the docket for discussion with CGC when I'm able.

And yes, you'll know the artist well-before it comes time to grade. If all goes according to plan, you'll know the artist sooner than later.

Thanks for the questions.

rich is offline   Reply With Quote