View Single Post
Old 09-07-2017, 12:19 PM   #59
pferreira
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
OK, shut me up... show me the numbers, man. I want to see where Mega Man 9 or 10 or Double Dragon 4 outsold the latest Assassin's Creed or Arkham Knight or whatever.
I didn't say they did. I'm saying you're expecting a retro made game to outsell triple A titles at the height of their popularity? I mean really???

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
I think people are just unaware how popular indie 2D games like Shovel Knight, Shantae, etc. have been for years. As well as new 2D versions of old franchises like Sonic Mania, Megaman 9 and 10, Metroid II remake, New Super Mario Bros, etc.

To say there's no interest in old-school 2D type games is just plain wrong. These games light up the sales charts constantly. We even got the return of Donkey Kong Country on Wii and Wii-U with two sequels that were critically acclaimed.
Yeah I mean it's very short sighted of Andrew to say that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eskater View Post
I'd be up for a Telltale version of the TMNT for sure!
No thank you, they'd be no gameplay. I could just watch it on YouTube.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powder View Post
Who really thinks that, though? I think the argument has simply been that it would be very well received by indie game players & most TMNT fans. Not that it's gonna be a sponge for soaking up the COD crowd or something. That's just silly.
The thing is you have ask whether you want a triple A title with the TMNT name? If it sells badly there wouldn't be a game for years but what if it does well? Well every year they keep releasing subpar sequels and with so much money spent on them the slowly dwindling sales will mean that no one wants to go near that franchise again to create games. Andrew wants Arkham TMNT which would make it a hit to begin with but if it turns into COD or Assassin's Creed TMNT could be worse off in the long run.
pferreira is offline   Reply With Quote