View Single Post
Old 02-09-2018, 03:55 PM   #46
Powder
So tired of this place

I caught wind of this coming out on the old Mirage site, I think. All I know is that there was some promotional event at my local Toys R Us one Saturday morning, where you got some swag that promoted the upcoming entertainment block "FoxBox". Was a little cardboard box (naturally) with art of the various cartoons on it, though the TMNT were all silhouetted (I guess the designs hadn't been finalized?). Had a CD rom, Kirby stickers, a TMNT mini-comic- Oh wow, let me stop there, I found a thread from 2006 about it with a bunch of pics! - http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=14935

At any rate, it got me hyped. The toys hit before the series itself, I got 'em all & was insanely into them. They were so high quality. Needless to say I loved the show & followed it as best I could. I didn't see the last few seasons until the 25th anniversary hit, though. When I was in my mid-teens, I just couldn't wake up to tune in anymore. The series isn't perfect, but it's very good overall. I think it was at its best when it was doing original material, though. In fact, I favor Ninja Tribunal & Fast Forward. A lot of the Mirage adaptions are too watered down, for my taste. I was fortunate enough to meet a bunch of the voice actors at NYCC in 2010 (Leo, April, Tomo Ame, Jammerhead, Baxter Stockman, etc.), & a bunch of artists who worked on the animation side of things as well. Incredibly nice people, all of them.

Lucky for me, short of BTTS, I've got the series in-full on DVD. I'd be happy to double dip & grab a complete series release, but I'm doubtful it'll happen.

I'm convinced that none of you have ever experienced joy
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote