View Single Post
Old 06-02-2019, 10:27 PM   #18
Prowler
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumac View Post
Not sure.
I missed all of SNES / PS1 / PS2 / PS3 eras, due to some circumstances, so I don't feel attachment to these stuff.

I think things that make me feel old about gaming industry is age of some franchises and death of others, like Contra, Castlevania and the likes, which were popular back in the past.

Another thing that makes me feel "old" is abundance of new pricing models (lootbox and MTX) and attempts of some retards to turn video games into their personal propaganda mouthpieces.
I didn't get the chance to play Contra and CastleVania until 2007 or so, so I don't have nostalgia for those series.

I understand that the NES CastleVania games are a classic trilogy of games... but they didn't age so well. God, are the controls stiff and frustrating. I'd rather play Super CastleVania IV. Now that is a great game and has aged A LOT better than the NES CastleVania games. Smooth controls and Simon Belmont can whip in any direction.

Contra is hard even with the 30 life code, but I think it's a good game nowadays still. It also had a great remake on the original DS. I doubt I'd have enjoyed Contra as a kid. I'd die withing 10 seconds of the game, especially since I wouldn't have a way of knowing about the 30 life code back in the 90s unless my older brother found out about it in a gaming magazine. But he's always kept passwords and cheats a secret for me so that I would improve my skills instead of just skipping levels.
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote