View Single Post
Old 10-26-2017, 02:45 PM   #129
newfan
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkFell View Post
Finally got around to seeing IT several months ago. I was told by a step-parent to read the book. (And if anyone asks, yes, we've seen the older IT movie as well.)

As far as horror movies are concerned.. the Halloween franchise is still my favorite, and I still enjoy the first movie.

Season of the Witch (also called Halloween 3), ..that movie was just ..off. I mean the first two movies had the same people in it, and both of the same protagonists were trying to survive against Michael Myers.

The third movie was something completely different. A spoiler will be put in place. Read at your own discretion.

Spoiler:
From the way I see H3, it isn't the best idea to 'shift gears' from a family that has a psychotic killer that simply hates his family and attempts murder on random family members story-plot, to a creepy old fart mask-maker that 'wants the hills to run red with the blood [of children]' just to satisfy some ancient Celtic tradition of ritual sacrifice type of story-plot.

So yeah.. S.o.t.W - it would have been great if it was just a stand-alone movie without the Halloween name attached to it, even though Cochran's plan to kill millions of people, would take place on Halloween.

However there are a couple of 'easter eggs' in the movie that I did enjoy: the original Halloween theme was used in a few scenes, and unless my memory does deceive me, there was a movie trailer for Halloween I that played on a screen in Halloween 3.

Despite the many deaths of Michael Myers and the fans of the Halloween franchise hopeful of yet another movie.. I still like Halloween.
It's been a few years since I last saw 3,4, h20 and Resurrection. I could live without 3, my thought on that is that maybe they were going to do a series of different stories but soon realised that this wasn't going to work, so they went back to Myers. It did take a while for them to explain Myers properly though, was it the 6th movie?, unless I missed that in the earlier movies.
newfan is offline   Reply With Quote