View Single Post
Old 03-01-2017, 12:43 PM   #13
sdp
Megan Fox = April

On average 0 hrs/day, but when I get hooked into a game I can play it from a few minutes daily to an hour. Depending what type of game it is, if you give me a RTS game I can spend an entire afternoon playing it or if I just want to beat a game I spend about an 1 1/2 every day until I finish it but for the most part I don't really game much and the previous examples are the exceptions of me not usually playing games.

It's also hard to define playing games, does the electronic sudoku on my phone that I use on the subway count? I am counting it but there are such passive games that I hardly count as really "playing" a game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
People who don't play videogames are missing out. In just the last few years so many excellent games came out.
People who only play videogames are missing out. In just a few steps from how you'll find so many excellent things to do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
It's insane, videogames are so much better than movies or TV shows. They've caught up and surpassed them entirely. Why would I want to watch someone be a hero in a movie when *I* can be the hero myself in a videogame? Now that games are so realistic we don't need action movies anymore.
Games aren't realistic at all, games have become crappy movies since they don't have the high quality writers of movies so you're left with a repetitive game or without any real challenge now. There are tons of great movies that only if you watch hollywood blockbusters you'll never understand. You can read books and use your imagination to tell a story. There are very few video game stories that are even on the caliber of good movies/shows and I'm talking about the "critically acclaimed" stories on video games. Seriously watch some of those "Video Game The Movie" that compile all the cutscenes and story elements of games, you'll get bored out of your mind and see how ridiculous the story is that you only forgive because you are playing as the character and it helps transition between two levels.
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote