View Single Post
Old 12-10-2017, 02:39 PM   #37
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp View Post
I never wrote I was ashamed of TMNT and not Star Wars.

But yeah during those early teen years 12/13/14 you're in that spot where you "can't" like kiddy stuff. Some franchises like TMNT and Power Rangers just weren't in my radar so it didn't matter, it was franchises that were popular at the time that I liked but were for kids that I was ashamed of like Pokemon, YuGiOh and what not.

And yes certain things were cool even if they were technically for kids, Star Wars and video games were those things you could easily talk about in 7th or 8th grade without feeling like too much of a dork.

By the time I was in 10th grade I didn't care what others thought and others didn't really care, in fact found it cool that I was so open to liking Pokemon, I mean this was in the early/mid 00's, liking Pokemon was not mainstream, the fad had just died and it was just seen as a kids franchise, only kids and the most hardcore fans of Pokemon were around back then.
I wasn't so ashamed for friends. For them, I could just hide it. I was ashamed in front of my parents. I know they wouldn't care but still, I was.
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan is offline   Reply With Quote