Thread: Next Mutation
View Single Post
Old 02-07-2018, 09:16 AM   #30
sdp
Megan Fox = April

Quote:
Originally Posted by funatic View Post
Not that continuity is a strong point in Next Mutation... does anyone know at what point in the series it's best to watch the Power Rangers crossover? Or like, at least knows where it fits chronologically by release date?
At any point after the pilot it can be watched continuity wise, I'd watch it after halfway through the show though since Venus is well integrated into the group but I'd watch it before the final episodes which if we go by airdate order it was like that when it happened.

Since the episode was written by the Power Rangers crew and no TNM the turtles act all out of character, they're all acting like Michaelangelo, the voices are also all different and not for the better. The TMNT and PRs both think each other is fictional and yet Venus knows of Astronema and Astronema knew of the turtles. In general it doesn't make much sense but the fight scenes are cool.

It should be noted that the crossover actually begins the episode before Shell Shocked. The epilogue of the previous Power Rangers In Space episode "Save Our Ship" ends with Astronema saying she know some friends who can help her in NY and meets the turtles", it's a 30 second segment or so but yeah technically the crossover starts there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by biganimefan View Post
You should check out Super Sentai(the original Japanese shows that Power Rangers took some footage from). Those are a lot better!
I'm sure they're better written but what I enjoy about Power Rangers is the cheesyness/nostalgia/continuity which Sentai doesn't have for me, and for pure tokusatsu in japanese I can find better stuff than super sentai like Kamen Rider/Garo etc so I just don't have time for Sentai.
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote