View Single Post
Old 06-20-2018, 03:26 PM   #16
sdp
Megan Fox = April

These big media companies are getting bigger because they're afraid of competition. Look at how much Netflix is worth when compared to CBS, they feel they need to get bigger to compete with Netflix ironically enough CBS makes more money than Netflix but Netflix is worth many times more on the stock market because investors believe that it's bigger than CBS in the long run.

Of course it's not good to have these giant companies and I'm not sure how exactly they pass anti-trust laws not to mention that distributors like comcast want in on the content game, that will create conflict of interests and no one seems to care about that. As I mentioned on my first post in this thread, people are more excited about F4 on the MCU than the real consequences which won't be good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PApagreg View Post
Why would the Simpsons quality deteriorate under Comcast or Disney.
For me it's more of a we were hoping Season 30 would be the last one and it seemed like it would but counting it's one of the most profitable properties Fox has that Disney won't let it die with season 30 and will milk it.

If there are any changes to the Simpsons with Comcast or Disney would likely be for the better but I'd rather let the Simpsons die.
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote