View Single Post
Old 04-16-2018, 01:04 PM   #4
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZariusTwo View Post
At the end of Spider-Man vs Wolverine, MJ is the one who returns to Peter's side and they make up for the emotional duress they had when they kissed earlier on in the story, so Peter was in the clear when thinking about making MJ his wife.

Even in the context of what was going on behind the scenes (mandating the marriage because Stan had decided to marry the characters off), it still made perfect sense for Peter to propose to MJ a second time and did not feel rushed at all. The two had been frequently seeing each other on/off for a while at that point, even when Peter was dating Felicia, MJ steadily becoming a confidant. It made sense for Peter to want to invest in that trust when Felicia broke his own dealing with The Foreigner.
I only read the Amazing title with certain exceptions (Secret War II crossover, Death of Jean DeWolff, and Kraven's Last Hunt as I kept going after ASM#290) so perhaps I missed something. It depicted Black Cat in a new costume and the last panel she lept into Peter's arms after living with him temporarily after her apartment was firebombed and the next ASM issue he decides what is missing in his life is marriage and by that I mean to MJ. I realize one should read Spider-Man vs Wolverine as a bridge which I did. It seemed like that Peter was ashamed for kissing her and then they got back together as the end of the one-shot when she okayed it. Then jumping into the marriage. I am a fan of the marriage, it just did not seem like a lead up to the marriage. Like not engaged for a calendar year our time and then marry even if Peter proposed back in ASM#180(might be an issue or two off?). Perhaps the rush for the reader is the fact it was mandated by his creator.

I can't really see Macendale as Hobgoblin II. It just feels like Jack O'Lantern is pretending to be Hobgoblin. I am up to Inferno in my reading. Perhaps this will explain how Demogoblin came to be.

One thing I noticed when looking ahead, Mary Jane gets up to three or more stalkers. Okay so she is a NYC model,but its like they all come out of the wood works once she marries Peter. Its a tired plot.

Did Norman Osborne and Roderick Kingsley ever face-off? Jack O'Lantern vs Harry Osborne isn't really exciting in comparison to the real deals.