View Single Post
Old 01-27-2020, 04:30 AM   #15
Ninja Tiptup
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by IMJ View Post
The conversation in the thread about the original Street Fighter got me thinking about the games I used to love playing in the arcade when I was a kid. Back then, arcades were a huge thing. I was at that age where I remember some pretty cool titles - Vigilante, Final Fight, Captain America and the Avengers, Afterburner, Ninja Gaiden (arcade), Shinobi, Robocop, among others.

This also reminded me of the original Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Arcade game. I think this was the same one that was ported over to the NES as Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles II.

Why on Earth hasn't that awesome game been updated to home systems as well? Given the nature of this thread, I think a download pack of the original arcade game and Turtles In Time together would be amazing.....
Turtles in Time got remade for the Xbox 360 and PS3 as a download only game and the original arcade game was made available for Xbox 360 as well but the rights lapsed so the port of the original arcade game and the remake of Turtles in Time had to be pulled from digital marketplaces. Only people who downloaded them when they were available can play those versions now.

We can certainly hope for ports to PS4, Xbox One, Steam and Switch (I'd especially love that for Switch) but it would take a video game publisher that is willing to pay Konami for the games as well as pay to license the music unless they replaced that.

Wrangling the Konami games for ports to modern consoles is easier said than done but Arcade 1Up just put out a special arcade cabinet that includes both games.