View Single Post
Old 08-14-2007, 07:28 PM   #33
Roseangelo
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janus Prospero View Post
1) Is Bodycount #1 just a page for page reprint of Casey Jones and Raphael #1? Are there any differences other than the title, cover, and publisher?
RaphAttack is correct that Bodycount has more pages of story. Aside from that, there's no changes to any of the pages. Casey Jones & Raphael #1 does have a backup Guzzi Lemans story by Jim Lawson.

Quote:
2) Why are there two Volume #1's of the Archie TMNT series printed in the same year comprising two different numbers of issues? Wouldn't it have been easier to create a volume 2 continuing the initial volume rather than starting over again? And for that matter, what was the big idea having them start at issue #5?
Well, the three issue mini-series was published in 1988, likely as a way to gage interest. When it sold enough copies to ok it as a regular title they started the regular series in March of 1989. And it did continue from the first three issues (although still adapting TV episodes); there was no repeated content. Why start again at #1 instead of picking up at #4? Probably just to have the excuse to publish another #1 and put more attention on the series. I don't know why they decided to adapt episodes instead of just jumping into the new stories.

Quote:
3) What's the story behind the Turtles going to Image? Was it no longer financially practical for Mirage to write/draw/publish them?
Mirage made the decision to stop publishing based on the reasons you mention - It just wasn't financially practical. It wasn't a situation where they decided to stop publishing because Image was going to take it up.

Here is what's written in the back of TMNT Vol. 2 #13 (written by Michael Dooney):
You now have in your hands the final, at least for now, Mirage issue of Kevin Eastman and Peter Laird's Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. However, fortunately for all of us Turtle devotees, this is not the last TMNT comic. No way!

Back a couple years ago, I suggested to my good buddy, and Image Comics co-founder, Erik Larsen that it would be great to have a Turtles/Dragon crossover adventure. Being a huge fan of the Turtles, Erik jumped at the chance to work with the Turtles. Well, when I told Erik Mirage was going to stop publishing a TMNT comic he immediately asked whether he might stop into Mirage's shoes and begin publishing a monthly TMNT book. When I passed Erik's offer on to Kevin and Pete, they loved the idea. So, in June, 1996, Erik Larsen's version of the TMNT will be debuting under the Image logo.
Roseangelo is offline   Reply With Quote