View Single Post
Old 09-15-2017, 06:27 PM   #97
neatoman
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToTheNines View Post
It's been an ongoing argument ever since you first showed your ass in this thread: http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=54538

I know you like to paint me as FW bashing troll, but I'm a fan of all things TMNT. And I take offense to you trying to discredit Eastman and Laird, as any real fan would.

Especially when said discrediting is for the sake of that whiny bitchass hack, David Wise.

See you Thursday, C.
I honestly don't understand why anyone would even attempt to discredit Eastman and Laird in favor of Wise. About 20 issues came out before the show debuted, you can point to elements that made it into the show, there's video footage of E&L talking about the direction of the toyline, there's sketches of the new characters by them made early on, etc.

We even know Wise's scripts for the first season were altered by request of E&L to have a radically different ending, something Wise himself never bring up in interviews, while instead railing against the evidence I already brought up. There's little ambiguity around E&L's creatorship, they're responsible for most of the Mirage material by that time, the designs for the toy characters and several vetos to Wise's scripts. Wise on the other hand, with all of this in mind, might be responsible for the basic storyline in those episodes and some of the reworkings we don't know for sure came from Playmates.

That's what I really hate about his lack of honesty, it just robs him of whatever credit he really does deserve and the lack of other sources won't clear up the confusion. Sure, he might have come up with Krang and the Technodrome in just the way he claims to have.
Spoiler:
His claim is that he came up with the Technodrome because Shredder needed an origin for his robotic ninjas, which then needed an origin itself which came in the form of Krang, which was inspired by an evil brain movie, then Krang needed a reason to ally with Shredder, which was a body of his own, which lead to the retroactive Utrom look. Oh and I have never seen him mention how the original intention was for Shredder to be the body replacement himself but that it got vetoed.
Because there's so much untrustworthy nonsense in his interviews however, you might as well apply Occam's razor and say Krang the Technodrome were the result of Playmates wanting to market the Utroms as one character and a playset concept as early as possible and that all Wise did was to connect the pieces together. This might sound like slander but it's not, he's just demonstrably lacking credibility.
Hahahaha!

Last edited by neatoman; 09-16-2017 at 12:03 PM.
neatoman is online now   Reply With Quote