View Single Post
Old 08-15-2015, 04:44 PM   #30
rocklobster13
Random Punk

So I found out that google has a fairly large archive of newspapers https://news.google.com/newspapers, so I've been parsing these to see if I can find anything. So far, I've only found one newspaper (The Pittsburgh Press) that had the comic strip printed at all. I was able to pull of a few of the weekend strips that I didn't have previously, but unfortunately paper ceased publication in 1992 and we already have pretty much all of them from this period.

I'm finding that 1) archives that have full scans of newspapers are hard to find, 2) archives that have full scans of papers from the 90's are harder to find, and 3) archives that are also free to look at are even harder still to find.

I feel like it will take an incredible stroke of luck to find anything by just randomly searching through old newspapers... I really wish that we could figure out a specific paper that had the full run so that we could narrow the search, but no one seems to know this and I can't think of who else to ask.

Do any of you know of specific papers that had the strip at any point in time? Like I said, the only one that I've found so far is the Pittsburgh Press.
rocklobster13 is offline   Reply With Quote