View Single Post
Old 02-21-2018, 09:22 AM   #5
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrSpengler View Post
IDW's monthly rerelease of The Maxx: Maxximized was the same deal. They redid the colors and the lettering and then reissued the old comic on a monthly basis until they ran out of issues. I purchased each one to show my support for The Maxx and to get the brand new Cover As (Cover Bs were all the original covers). There was only a new back-up in the first issue and no new content after that beyond the Cover As and the re-colors.

With Maxximized, the only drag was that the letterer wasn't very good and there were a number of new errors that weren't in the original issues; speech bubbles missing tails, typos, speech bubbles attributed to the wrong character so now conversations made no sense, etc. Here's hoping Urban Legends takes a little more care, if they're relettering the art as well. I'll pick it up monthly for the new Cover As, mostly, and to show my support on the long road to the new issues.
I'm just hoping the coloring is okay... if there is ONE thing wrong with IDW Mirage reprints and collections, it's been the coloring.