View Single Post
Old 03-10-2017, 11:39 PM   #2089
DestronMirage22
Yukipedia

I got a NECA Aliens Mantis Alien and a Marvel Legends Absorbing-Man BAF wave Superior Foes of Spiderman Beetle. I love both of this figures.

The Mantis Alien is a fantastic sculpt, is amazingly painted, and has a really wide range of articulation. It reuses some parts from their Big Chap, mainly in the waist/upper legs area, but it's barely noticeable, and is still pretty good. He only comes with two accessories: a reprint of the original Kenner comic the original toy came with, and a green chestburster. The comic is okay, but the chestburster is a really cool accessory to have. I did have some issues with the figure but they were minor. The figure is really heavy, so it's prone to falling down and getting it into good poses can be difficult, although not impossible. The inner mouth was really hard to get out on mine, thought that's just an issue with the type of plastic used, it's a softer gummy material that gets deshaped, but I was able fix the issue. The main problem I encountered was that out of the packaging, I had a few broken bits on the figure. At first I didn't notice, but after inspecting the figure, I noticed it was missing two spikes on its tail. (Pics of problem are are included) I looked in the packaging, and sure enough there was one of the broken off pieces. (I'll have to glue that back on later). The other bit I still can't even find. I'm pretty sure I didn't break it. I was playing around with (and opened) the figure on one surface, and I checked everywhere on there, and the bit's not there. Other than that, I had no problems with the figure. I LOVE it. It's definitely my favorite Alien in my collection.

I know I've posted about my adoration of Shuma Gorath, but have I mentioned my vested interest in the Beetle? I've been a fan of the Beetle in the many iterations, and this one is no exception. So naturally I'd want her in figure form. I've been waiting for her to go on clearance, and finally I got her at a good price. She was definitely worth the wait. Immediately after opening the figure I fell in love with it. It's a really beautiful figure that really captures the look and is just soo good. I had a lot of fun playing with her and posing her around, as you can see in the pics. She's my first female figure, and I'm amazed by her. Although female Marvel Legends figures don't have as much articulation as the male ones, I'm surprised at how much she does have, and it just comes off great. The wings are marvelous (no pun intended) and the articulation on them is fantastic. I can't gush about this figure enough; I really do love it. I even like her over the Mantis Alien. The only problem I have is that they could've included some accessories. All she comes with is the BAF piece, and although she doesn't need any (as she's pretty much perfect as she is) some interchangeable hands or a cute unmasked head would've been nice. But that's just being nitpicky. As it stands, this is a fantastic figure, and one of the best in my collection. She gets me really excited for the upcoming classic Abe Jenkins Beetle coming out in a few months. Can't wait!

Spoiler:

Last edited by DestronMirage22; 03-11-2017 at 12:01 AM.
DestronMirage22 is offline   Reply With Quote