View Single Post
Old 03-22-2017, 03:22 PM   #19
plastroncafe
PerfectlyTunedFightEngine

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp View Post
Whether it was that or contractual reasons that he couldn't get off, he could've played the same character, he didn't need to have a major role, they could've had the same cameo but reference that he is still the same character. Again, nothing major for a re-write.
I think the only way I'd have appreciated seeing the old guard back in their original characters is if they were doing what Winston, Venkman, and Stantz would be up to in a world where Egon was taken too young.

That this movie was down the other leg in the trousers of time, as it were.
Short of that, the other cameos were a lot of fun and no where near as forced as Akroyd and Murray's were.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
... only to dive back into it in 1989 for Ghostbusters 2. And both the Ghostbusters video game and putting on a Ghostbusters uniform and proton pack for Zombieland in 2009.

I think once it hit him that Ghostbusters was a success, he embraced it. And the experience of making Ghostbusters 2 and its reception really took a toll on him. He knows if he made nothing else but Ghostbusters his whole career, he'd still be a legend. Knowing that, he's probably been afraid in the past that a truly awful Ghostbusters 3 would retroactively ruin his legacy.
We're never going to see eye to eye on this.
I'm just shocked you're in support of more studio meddling. That's not a stance I thought you'd take.
So your wants and needs as a fan should outweigh everyone else's?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabacooza View Post
There's no sense catering just to one demographic which is idiotic.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegita-San View Post
just ignore what you don't like rather than obsessing over it and move on with your life.
plastroncafe is offline   Reply With Quote