View Single Post
Old 08-20-2020, 05:11 PM   #18
CyberCubed
Overlord

Read it, it was a very enjoyable conclusion and I didn't see the Komodo mutant turning over a new leaf. Seeing Lady Shredder essentially defeating by being sprayed on like bug spray honestly reminded me of how the Turtles would have defeated their enemies in the original cartoon.

I liked how the Cheng plot was wrapped up too, and Amai is gone for good. I suspect Karai was kept alive to keep continuity with Vol. 4, I assume the original idea was for her to die? If so, I'm glad they didn't kill her off.

Also I have to say the art in this issue and the colors were fantastic. I liked the art in the previous two issues but they went above and beyond with the finale here, every panel was a joy to look at. Also the last page being the same as from Andrew's Image finisher was a pretty nice nod.

Some random thoughts:

- I suppose Leo's hand grew back as a side effect of the mutagen in their body? The Turtles never lost limbs in Mirage, so they probably never knew this could happen to them.

- Now that Don lost all the cyborg armor, does his metal shell heal permanently to his spine?

- I would have liked to see April/Casey in the last page, but it's not a big deal.

- Leatherhead's fate from Image is still left open, but given we know in Mirage what happens to him through Tales and Vol. 4...I guess we know he stays on Earth anyway. Dr. X and Leatherhead were together in one of the Tales issues too, so I guess they do reunited at some point.

- The subplot of the mobsters wanting to get Shadow back was pretty much ignored, but I guess that's not a big deal. Personally I always thought it was kinda dumb one panel of that was thrown into issue 22/23 or whatever it was, the story seemed finished.

I wouldn't mind if we do get an issue 27 or beyond, but if this is it, it's perfectly fine.

Now if only we could finally get a Vol. 4 conclusion at some point...then we can all finally retire!
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote