View Single Post
Old 01-14-2016, 08:28 AM   #64
Bobby Curnow
Official TMNT Staff/Cast

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeandRaph87 View Post
I think I have a resolution to the above, what if we get a backup for the next December issue focused around the Holiday season? We only have the Michelangelo one-shot from all those years ago for a TMNT Christmas story and we could use another one. If only a short one. Campbell can do the art and guest writer and friendly neighborhood editor Bobby Curnow writes it?

On the subject of the ooze serum to enhance Slash's intellect why not do so for Pete? If there was only that one sample that is cool, but it feels like a plot hole as to why not make Pete take it as well in-story?
Don't forget TMNT #5 is set at Christmas! But if someone pitches a Christmas story, i'd be happy to consider it. It's not something that's really on my personal radar at the moment. But will keep it in mind!

I think in-story the explanation would be that that sample of serum is used up, or that Hob already messed up Pete's mutation too much in the initial attempt of it (unlike Slash, who was a monitored lab experiment) for the serum to be effective. I don't think we thought it was important enough to mention all of that during the story.

The real reason is that we all like Pete as he is. He provides a nice contrast to a lot of other characters.
Bobby Curnow is offline   Reply With Quote