View Single Post
Old 06-06-2014, 02:37 PM   #76
Zulithe
Ninjutsu Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by snake View Post
I found a Widow at k-mart! She's happily sitting on my shelf now.
Congrats!! I went to TRU yesterday and there was actually a line outside waiting for them to open. Once it opened, one guy ran back to the action figures. When I got there, there was a bunch of ML Cap figs, but I saw no black widow. Not sure if he grabbed it or not.

Grats on getting her!

Wondering when GotG will start showing up in stores? Can't believe I already have the full set... I haven't had this much luck in a ML wave in a long time. Usually I'm hunting around for weeks.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vundi View Post
All that is true. He's just stale and boring. But my biggest problem with him was when he was looking at a Hot Toys figure and told his viewers something like "if you're to complain about the price of Hot Toys you shouldn't be in the hobby of collecting toys." What an asshole thing to say! He's a toy snob and he has a very high opinion of himself.
LOL. Well, all I have to add is... I watch tons of reviews, and even if a toy reviewer I don't really like gets to review something first, I will definitely watch the review. You have to bring your own assumptions to the table and parse what the reviewer is saying, especially if you already know the reviewer has some of their own biases.

Most reviews are helpful in some way and can help determine a purchasing decision for me, as long as the reviewer is actually TRYING. Like, I need to see different angles, poses, stuff like that. Some reviewers are so TERRIBLE they literally sit the figure in front of the camera and talk about it without really moving it much at all. Those are the reviews I can't stand.
Zulithe is online now   Reply With Quote