View Single Post
Old 01-25-2018, 02:08 PM   #27
pferreira
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProphetofGanja View Post
Therefore if a game developer were to make plans on creating a TMNT game they would be better to have a wider appeal and tap into a wider share of the market by appealing to fans of TMNT in general, rather than fans of FW exclusively, which IDW's iteration of the franchise does very well.
Well if they can do it cool but it obviously depends how many people want a game based off IDW compared to Nick's iterations, the 2003 series, Mirage etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powder View Post
I know you have a hate boner for the IDW series despite never reading it but it contains plenty of Fred Wolf influence for you & the other casuals to cream over.
But wasn't one of the last few TMNT games Out of the Shadows based on IDW? Please feel free to clarify.

Quote:
Originally Posted by slingtheory View Post
sadly I agree with you there. except it's not the devs I think are the problem most of the time but publishers. you'd think they'd realize by now they're only gonna get back what they put in. If they actually put triple a resources behind a tmnt game for once I'm pretty sure they'd probably see a return on thier investment.
Totally agree here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by slingtheory View Post
And as the the second point don't act like IDW's tmnt universe doesn't pull from every one that came before it. You want to appeal to a broader base of turtle fans while getting casual and new fans interested in a more mature (and currently running) take on the turtles that's probably the smartest way to go.
But it's still just that one iteration, that's the thing. It will be the IDW comic spin-off game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilSpooky View Post
Have you seen the reaction of the TMNT's Injustice inclusion? And the buzz around it on the internet the days afterwards?
Really? I've been out of the loop with the press reaction Injustice TMNT could work then but an Arkham game may be too expensive. Not trying to poo poo the idea, just thinking from a business budget perspective.
pferreira is offline   Reply With Quote